The San Francisco Housing Development Corporation (SFHDC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation formed in 1988 by primarily San Francisco African American community leaders who were interested in combating the widespread displacement of residents through “redevelopment programs” that disproportionately affected African Americans and other people of color. Focused on serving people of color, our mission is to foster financial stability through the development of affordable housing, the facilitation of homeownership, and the economic empowerment and revitalization of Bayview Hunters Point and other neighborhoods of Southeast San Francisco.
This hands-on position will provide direct, comprehensive services to residents of public housing sites that have or will transfer to private management, undergoing renovation through the Rental Assistance Demonstration Program (“RAD”), and also supervise several resident services staff. The housing and offices are located in various neighborhoods of San Francisco, including Bayview Hunters Point, the Fillmore/Western Addition, and the Mission. The overarching goal of the position is to coordinate SFHDC staff in helping to establish goals and strategies with residents that lead to their greater stability, well-being, and self-sufficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and support SFHDC Resident Service Coordinators and Connectors in the performance of extensive outreach, provision of direct counseling, coordination of on- and off-site services, informational meetings, community event planning, assessing resident needs, and resident engagement.
- Coordinate and perform extensive outreach to all residents so as to inform them and encourage participation in planning and implementation of programs, activities; apprise residents of informational meetings, and help share important information with them regarding the RAD program, its timeline, and process.
- Assess client needs and establish individualized service plans; provide direct counseling on setting and achieving goals; connect residents with on-site and off-site resources that aid their day-to-day living experiences and inspire them to engage in personal development.
- Assist residents to enroll children in school and/or child care; access employment development, job training, and placement; and psychological counseling, recovery counseling, health services, etc., as needed. Act as a liaison, case coordinator, and or client advocate with the various agencies providing the targeted service(s).
- Lead weekly or monthly groups that support residential needs, including but not limited to life skills workshops and sobriety groups. Conduct regular community meetings.
- Maintain client files, including various monthly reports; assist in data entry regarding client demographics, goals, activities, and outcomes.
- Participate in continuing meetings with the SF Mayor’s Office on Housing and Community Development, and other local, and government partners.
- Evaluate resident progress to ensure successful goal realization.
- Collect relevant monthly and quarterly program outcomes and spending data from SFHDC’s Services Coordinators/Connectors, and prepare for presentation to department head and/or CEO.
- Attend monthly all-staff meetings at Admin office; bi-monthly supportive services staff meetings in various locations, case management meetings, and in-service programs that provide additional training.
- Provide information and recommendations to the Director of Supportive Services and Resident Engagement and/or the CEO regarding program evaluation and modification to better meet residents’ needs, community needs, funding requirements, and agency mission.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Supportive Services and Resident Engagement and/or CEO.Qualifications:
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in the human services, social work, or related field and demonstrated experience working collaboratively with low-income families.
- Experience with service coordination in the Bayview Hunters Point or Western Addition of San Francisco, or another area with similar demographics.
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work or related field required (Masters Degree preferred).
- Ability to maintain accurate client files and impeccable documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, detail-oriented, and time management skills
- Proven ability to work independently, effectively as an individual and part of the team.
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems.
- Reliable transportation required proof of current and valid CA insurance and a clean DMV record.
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedule. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
Notice: This description is to be used as a guide only. It does not constitute a contract, commitment, or promise of any kind. SFHDC reserves the right to change, add, delete, upgrade or downgrade the position as dictated by business necessity at any time with or without notice.
Status/Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Supervisor(s): Director of Supportive Services and Resident Engagement
The San Francisco Housing Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace